Friday, April 27, 2018

I like to ride my bicycle

Hello everyone!!!!
Today I have a little something different that I tried.
In my header picture is a child shirt that I made
using glitter heat transfer vinyl. Yes so far it doesn't
sound to different I know but I did not use a cutting
machine (Scan N Cut, Cricut, etc.) to cut the bicycle
out. Can any of you guess how I cut out the bicycle?

Well if you haven't figured out let me tell you. I used
a die and ran it through my Big Shot. The die is a
Crafters Companion die that I bought at Tuesday
Morning.
You know us crafty people we always have these
crazy ideas and well this was one of them for me.
I wanted to see if I could actually get a die to cut
through heat transfer glitter vinyl. As many of you
know glitter vinyl is a bit thicker then regular vinyl.
Low and behold it worked. I did have to run it
through about four times to get it to cut clean
through. In some areas it did cut through the
carrier sheet. I had to be real careful when I weeded
it. In one case I did lose the carrier sheet on one
of the bicycles. Thankfully HTV glitter vinyl is
a little sturdier and I just made sure that I used
my Teflon sheet to protect it from damage when
heat pressing it.
It really is true we can learn something new every
now and then.
Thank you for stopping by. Have a great day!!!!

No comments: