Monday, August 1, 2011

Do you ever feel like staying in bed?

Hello Everyone,
I don't know about you but for me there are days that when things
aren't going right I would have rathered stayed in bed. Hence the
picture in the header which comes from 3crows. I had so many
things that I needed to get done. I had some wine glasses that I
needed to etch for a friend for her daughters wedding this weekend.
The first glasses that I did didn't come out like they should have. The
words could not be seen until you poured colored liquid in them. This
poor girl has run into all kinds of mishaps with her wedding and I just
happen to be next in line of all her mishaps. Not a story for me to be
telling everyone so I will leave it up to her but I felt so bad for her. We
figured out that glass etching can not be done on crystal. I went out
and got a set of glasses and if you take a look at the picture below you
will see that these actually turned out. The words can be seen on them. The next thing on my agenda was to get tires put on my car because
one of the tires was spliting. I got my car down to our local tire store
(Thank You Jeff) and got that taken care. To bad that they were in
bad shape that they can't be used for a tire swing like in the picture
below which I borrowed from EchoBanksPhotography. Tire swings
bring back childhood memories. My tires that were taken off looked more like the ones you see in
the picture below which I borrowed this picture from RobinPanzerArt The next picture is of my little friend Marian at her dance recital.
My husband and Marians dad work for the same company and have
become good friends. Marian has muscular dystrophy so it is very
hard for her to do what others can do. Her parents found this dance
company that would allow Marian to take lessons. Marian had her
first dance recital on saturday and we were invited. She did a great
job. I took lots of pitures. When I have more time I will tell you more
about Marian and our friendship and the fun that we have when she
comes and visits. I have been so busy this week I also finally got a few more things
in my etsy shop. The most biggest of all things that I got done was
that I actually blogged again last week....LOL.....
If you would like to visit the shops that I used their wonderful art
from you can visit by following the links below.
Now that last week is over and we are into a new week lets see
how this one turns out. Until next post Have a Splendid Day!!!!!!

2 comments:

PoetessWug said...

I love the idea for the tires...either one!....And I can't wait to see you showing Marian 'doing her thing!' :-))

Paper Sewn Visions said...

Thank you Deb for thinking that both ideas for the tires are great. As soon as I get the film developed I'll get more pictures up. Marian called my husband grandpa this saturday....LOL....