Sunday, July 15, 2012

Crafting in the Kitchen

Hello Everyone,
Hope you all had a relaxing and enjoyable weekend. My
weekend was not so relaxing. In my header picture is
just a couple of jars of apricot preserves that I made. So
I guess you can say that I was being a little crafty in the
kitchen. A friend of ours picked up some apricots and
cherries earlier in the week and gave them to my
husband to bring home. My husband wanted some
apricot preserves so I got some done for him. As to
the cherries, well they are just about all gone they were
so good that we just kept eating away at them.

Apricot Preserves Recipe:
      1 kg, or 2 lbs plus a few more apricots, of fresh apricots
 1 1/3 cups of granulated sugar (see notes below)
1/4 cup water
   2 Tbs freshly squeezed lemon juice
                                       
                                   
    Melt the sugar and water in the pan. Bring to a boil, then
           simmer until clear and slightly syrupy. (Watch the pot at
this stage or you might end up with a potful of hard
crystallized sugar!) Carefully sort and wash the apricots.
Halve them and discard the pits, making sure to get
rid of the stem end. (To them I just rip them apart
with my fingers - far easier than cutting them with a
knife.)
                               
Put about half of the apricots in the sugar syrup and
 simmer until the fruit is almost falling apart. Put in
the rest of the apricots and continue simmering until
they are almost falling apart, but not quite. The
whole procedure will take about an hour or more,
depending on how soft your apricots were to start with.
 Skim the foamy looking stuff off the top and toss.
Then fill jars.This recipe will only make to pints. Seal
jars and hot bathe I used this recipe but I quadrupled it.
I am going to link this tutorial at Brassy Apple for
her Tutorials. Follow the link below:
http://brassyapple.blogspot.com/2012/07/blog-linky-party-make-it-monday-40.html
Now don't forget HIMCR challenge #54 Super
Scarp Saturday.
Also LIIU Challenge #25
All Girl
to join in follow the link below
Last but not least
The Let's Ink It up blog is moving to another challenge
blog with a new name: (No Matter Which Challenges)
Besides moving also some changes in the challenge rules,
but you can all read about it at the
So please join the new blog.
Until my next post Have a Splendid Evening!!


                                             

2 comments:

PoetessWug said...

That is on my short list of things I absolutely love...apricot preserves! YUM!

Paper Sewn Visions said...

I'm not a big fan of apricot preserves but my husband is so I made it just for him. Thank you for stopping by. Hugs, Velma