Wednesday, January 11, 2012

My Mistakes

Hello Everyone,
Most of you may think that all crafters are perfect at their art. Well
let me tell you I am not. Most of the time we post our best creations
and we don't tell you about the bad ones. Today I'm letting you know
about some of mine. I hope this will help someone not make the same
ones I did.In my header picture are the two frames that I kind of
told you about a few days ago. I used my rubber stamps to create
a word page. I then scanned it so I could use it several times. The
first frame when I printed the page from my printer I took the
page and heat set the ink with my heat gun. I forgot to mention this
If you do not own a high end printer always make sure to heat set
ink on anything that you will be crafting especially if you use mod
podge. I wasn't happy with the first frame because the words did
not show really good. Then I did the frame pictured above and guess what I forgot to do
(heat set it). If you look closely the words ran. Here is another little
secret I did it upside down too. I don't know what I was thinking.
Maybe I'm just becoming forgetful in my old age. Oh well. So now
I will be going back to the drawing board with this which means
I'll be sanding it all off and re-doing it. So if you don't hear from me
for a couple of days I either forgot that I have a blog or the frames
did me in......LOL........
Don't be like me and forget to enter my Giveaway/ Blog Candy
click on the giveaway tab at the top of the page and it will take
you where you need to be to get the low down on it.
Until my next post, if I don't forget about my blog....LOL....
Have a Splendid Day!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

PoetessWug said...

Ha! Ha! Ha! Yep!...We may be twins!....Old twins...who forgot that we were related! LOL The good thing is that sometimes the things that don't work...are the things people find quaint and cute. I say that because I like the frame! :-) Ugly...but not wasted! (It could have been a Wuglyee! ^_^)

Paper Sewn Visions said...

Deb, I sanded them both down and am back to square one. It is kind of funny that we seem to be going through the same things in life. We are a strange crafty pair.

PoetessWug said...

Indeed we are! :-)