Wednesday, September 8, 2010

When will it ever get better?

   I feel so bad that I'm not keeping up with my shop
and blogging, Just when I start to get better about
blogging and posting new things in my shop life
hands me more lemons,
   For my family and me May brought so much sorrow
and pain. In May my father-in-law passed away and
my husband is still to date having to handle some
things that need to be taken care. My fathers diabetis
was so out of control things were dangerous for him
but thankfully the doctors got that back in control and
he is doing better. A few days after my father-in-laws
burial I recieved news that my cousin who is six years
younger than me has panceatic cancer stage 4. A long
time friend found out he had a tumor on his spine, the
doctors operated but now he is paralized from the
waist down and is in thereapy rehabilitation still.
   My cousin has been in and out of the hospital ever
since May. It has really put a financial burden on the
family since he has no medical insurance, and the
hospital that he always gets sent to is four hours from
most of his family.My cousin has been doing chemo
and radiation treatments hoping that God would make
a miracle happen.Finally in July he was able to get on
the state health card. Last friday we were all summoned
to the hospital (four hours away) to be told that there
is nothing more that they can do. He was given two days
to live. It has now been four days and all we do is sit by
his side in his hospital room waiting for the day that God
calls him home. 
   It was a really rough weekend for me because of my
commitments to the Community event that I was in charge
of on Labor day weekend.  I was here at home handling
that cause I could not get anyone to take my place and
everyone else in the family was in Seattle with my cousin
Gilbert.
   So today I'm trying to remember the good and fun times
we have had and ask the Lord to take his pain and
suffering away soon. And to my followers I'm really not a
flake  it's just that things aren't good right now in my life.


My cousin Gilbert and his two sisters
on his 40th Birthday in January


My dad Jose riding in the parade
in a police car.


Please forgive me if I don't get any posts done.
I will try and schedule some when I get a few free
minutes.

Have a Splendid Day!!!!!!

1 comment:

PoetessWug said...

I am so sorry to hear that you are facing SO MANY things all at once! Made me think of Job, in the Bible...I'll be thinking good thoughts for your family. Brace yourself for the tough time ahead, but keep all of your good memories (laughter, fun, and smiles) close in mind right now...Don't worry about the blog. We'll be here when you're up to it. :-)