Sunday, July 24, 2011

Back to Basics

Hello Everyone,
Lately I haven't been happy with my blog and have kind of let
it fall to the way side. I thought and thought why do I feel this way
about it and realized that I had left the road that I was following
when I first started my blog. I decided that it was time to get back
to basics.
I started this blog with the intention to help those out there in
blog land on how to make life better without spending so much
money, Where they could find sales, and where to enter to win
free stuff. In the picture above is some scrapbooking items that I found at
BigLots. Merchandise is always changing at this store and if you
visit it every two weeks you are bound to find some awesome
crafting items a lot cheaper than at your regular craft stores.
I paid $1.50 for the stickers and $3.00 for the packaged paper.
The next picture is some stamps that I also got at Big Lots
ranging in price from $2.00 -$3.00 each. What a bargin!!!!
I know that alot of you have changed from the wooden block
stamps to the clear ones because they take up less room. Take
a look at the next picture.
These were also purchased at Big Lots for $2.00 a package. What a
great deal!!!!!!!!!!!
Now to my header picture. In the card you see that there is some
wording on the background. It was not done with a rubber stamp,
it was done on my computer. The big rubber stamps that alot of
people buy to do this kind of work on their cards range in price from
$12.00-$18.00. No need to spend that much when you can do almost
the same thing with your pc. I know I know my husband tells me all
the time that i'm so tight with money that you have to squeeze me
real tight just to get a penny out of me....LOL....Take a look at all the
fonts that you have to choose from. Type what you want to say, put
your white cardstock in and print. If you feel that you don't have a good
quality printer and the ink might smudge buy a can of matte finish
protection (it's sold in art stores and Walmart, Walgreens etc.)and spray
your cardstock before using it. The can will caost $5.00- $12.00 but you
can use it for many more projects. It still cost you less than one of those
stamps.
I hope I helped someone out there today that wants to craft but
does it on a budget. Until my next post Have a Splendid Day!!!!!!

1 comment:

Paper Sewn Visions said...

Thank you for stopping inand for the kind words.