Monday, July 25, 2011

Make your own for less

Hello Everyone,
My header picture today comes from PokeberryInkPress an Etsy shop.
One of many that are using Bakers Twine to embellish their crafts. To
check out more of these beautiful cards that Jen creates you can visit her
Below is a picture of some of the Bakers twine that I have made. I visited
a tutorial over at: http://thefrugalcrafter.wordpress.com/2011/04/19/make-your-own-bakers-twine If you would like to see how she makes it. I make mine
a little different.
These are the things that I start out with Red Heart thread, masking
tape a clear hard plastic and a sharpie. I take the clear hard palstic and cut it the the width of a ruler and about
half the length of a ruler. I cover it with masking tape. The reason for
this is so the thread will grip the masking tape and not move. I then wind
the thread length ways on it. I take my sharpie and run the line diagonally
on both sides. This is what it should look like when you have done the lines on both sides. As you can see in the next picture I'm starting to take it off the form.
It looks pretty good for handmade. It looks almost like the real thing. Here are some of the other colors I made. Remember you don't have to run to a craft store to find the thread.
visit some of the second hand stores and you just might run into a deal
on threads like this. Sharpies sometimes I find at the Dollar Store. Keep
an eye out for yard sale that have crafting items. Make sure that when
you have completed your Bakers Twine to heat set it. You can do this
by throwing it in the dryer set on high for 5 minutes. I used my first
handmade Bakers Twine on a card that I entered for a Design Team
Call at My Pink Stampers Blog and had to make more twine. Until my
next post Have a Splendid Day !!!!!!!!!

No comments: