Sunday, July 17, 2011

Hello Everyone,
It is a warm day here today and it had me thinking about some of the
cool places that I have visited. The header picture is of Crater Lake in
Oregon. Depending on the snowfall sometimes you can still find snow
there in July. The picture is treasuresheart out of Grants Pass Oregon.
You can visit their shop by going to:
Now to talk about something that has been weighing on my
mind and heart. Earlier in the week I attended a funeral for
a long time friend of the family. I sat an chatted with some of
my classmates parents for it had been some time that I had
seen these people. Later in the week I received some facebook
messages from some of my old classmates that their parents
had so enjoyed the conversations that I had with them. I was
told they get lonely. It's ashame that what brought us together
was a funeral. All week I thought about what I can do to keep
the elderly people in our community from feeling so lonely. I
decided that at least two days a week I will visit some of these
people and take them a card just because. That is why you see
the next picture. I did not make this card. I borrowed the picture
from southbaystudio. If you would like to see more of Kathie's
work follow the link below
beautiful work.
I've used the picture below before it just reminds me that
everyone needs someone to talk to every now and then. Thank you
Ydnarlmaging for the use of your picture. If you would like to visit
The shop has some beautiful pictures also.
I thought about baking some goodies and taking them but alot of
these folks have health issues like diabetes. So if you can think of
something please let me know. I would like to get a group started
that maybe we could exchange just because cards so that we could
have a variety of them that would be so neat. There are card groups
for other people why not for our elderly that are so full of wisdom
and history. If you are interested in being part of a Just Because
card swap e-mail me at:
Hope you are all enjoying this weather. Till my next post Have a
Splendid Day!!!!!

No comments: