Friday, September 30, 2011

Finally

Hello Everyone,
I know it's been a few days but I was having trouble with my blog.
I couldn't post anything and in some cases I couldn't even leave a
comment on some of the blogs. I know that I wasn't the only one
having technical diffulculties Robyn over at My Pink Stamper was
feeling my pain too. Since I was not able to post almost all week
todays is going to be a little lenghty but if you stick around I have
a good tip for you at the end. In my header picture is one of the
twelve tags that I made for a tag swap that was being hosted by
Velma Griffen from Creatively Outta Control. I really liked how my
tag came out and decided I needed to make a card. Pictured below. Once I got the card done I decided that I needed to make smaller
tags. The next two pictures are of the card and then all three creations
together. The next picture is a close-up of just the small tags.Here is a couple of pictures of other things that I have been working
on. These are really small canvas that I took some scrapbook paper
and modpodged onto the canvas. One of the pictures shows the canvas
before I did anything to it. I fell in love with the paper and did not want to use it on a card or
page so this is what I came up with. I haven't decided how to
display them yet but I am working on that. I have been searching
for some really small frames. Once I figure it out I'll post the end
result. Ok so now on to my tip. Now that we are living in a small town I have
been missing some of the big eatry food places. I loved a rice and chicken
teriyaki dish that this place call Bentos made so I set out to try and
figure out how they made their teriyaki sauce because it's not just the
marinade that you buy in a bottle. I figured it out. First off let me say
that because of my mexican heritage we really don't measure things out
other than a pinch and dash with that said here is the receipe. Take
teriyaki merinade pour in a bowl about 1/4 of the bottle, add about two
table spoons of brown sugar, and about two and a half tablespoons of
honey. Heat in the microwave for thirty seconds so that it can be mixed
well together. I cook my chicken in the pan till it is done then I add the
sauce and let the chicken cook at low heat for about ten minutes then I
serve it over white rice. Oh so yummy and it cost me a lot less then going
out to eat. Now to figure out Silver Dragons sweet and sour sauce...LOL...
Hope you liked my cooking tip.
Until next post Have a Splendid Day!!!!!

2 comments:

PoetessWug said...

WOW! Pretty cards and a good recipe 'to boot'! :-) I really like the little bicycle on the tags...and of course I love words being written all over anything! ^_^ Good job, Vel!

Paper Sewn Visions said...

Thank you Deb. I love the old fashion bicycle too. Wait till you see the other cards I made.