Monday, September 12, 2011

Masculine Thank You Card

Good Morning Everyone,
I wanted to show you that besides everything else that I've been
invovled with that I still have been crafting and creating. In my
header picture is a card that I made because my husband needed
a thank you card and he wanted a masculine card not a frilly one
like he calls it. This was not an easy task for me because I think
I'm better at making the frilly type of cards. I had an idea in my
head what I wanted it to look like but with all the cardstock that
I have the color combinations were not looking right. This is
where I became more creative. I went to my computer and with
one of the programs created a paper that would work with the
cardstock I have which is pictured below.I liked how it turned out. Before I remembered to take a picture
I had already used some more of my creation on another card
which I will show you tomorrow. So what is pictured is of what is
left of that design. The next picture is of another paper I created
and this time I got a picture of it before I cut into it.I have a few more designs that I created and you'll get to see the cards
that I created with them. The next couple of pictures are of some pages
that I made for the contest that I enter every month at Faes Book and
Craft store. I am not a scrapbooker so this is very challenging to me. Especially
because you get a package with usually two pieces of cardstock and
some embellishments. Everything that is in the package must be
used on the page. Other items can be added just as long as what was
in the package is visible to the eye. I still have a problem with what
colors to use together which is where the next picture comes in.I had a really hard time with that page and the colors. I wasn't happy
with it. I did win first place with the red, biege and blue page that is
shown first.
So on to the receipe for the card I did.
Receipe:
Olive green, brown and white cardstock
brown ribbon
linen lace distress ink
striped cardstock
Cricut Camp Out cartridge
Thank You rubber stamp Until the next time. Have a Splendid Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

PoetessWug said...

It looks very "manly". I almost want to grunt like Tim Allen! LOL And you are NOT a scrapbooker?!!!...I beg to differ!! :-)

Paper Sewn Visions said...

Deb, thank you for the kind words. Believe it or not but no I am not a scrapbooker....LOL....