Friday, October 4, 2013

Fun times are over


Hello everyone.
I know it has been a while since I last posted. I have been busy
so much to do around here. Those of you who have moved at some
point in your life know what a job it can be. The furniture that worked
in your other house just doesn't work right in the new place. Then
there are the curtains that don't fit the windows and it just goes on
and on. I have taken some of my curtains and altered them so that
they fit my smaller windows. The cabinets that I had for my craft
storage didn't work here because I no longer have a craft room. I
now have a craft space in the living room. Maybe next summer we
will finish the other half of the attic so that I have a craft room again.
For now our living room is also my craft room and computer room.
That's life but I'm happy to be back in the Rogue Valley again.
Now on to my header picture. This is a basket that I upcycled. below
is a picture of what it looked like before I did anything to it.
Just a plain basket. I got about a dozen baskets given to me
all in different shapes and sizes. These baskets are of good quality
and real sturdy. These baskets usually are filled with fruit. At the
 time I didn't know what I was going to do with them all. They have
 come in handy though.
 

I made some cardstock flowers using the Tim Holtz tattered
pinecone die. I used leaves that I had in my stash from my floral
designing days and I made a cardstock butterfly using one of the
butterfly punches from Martha Stewart. Glued everything on
the basket,  I made breads and cookies and delivered them to
my neighbors as a get to know my neighbors gift.
Now that things are almost all put together in our new house
I will have more time to blog again. So until my next post
Have a Splendid Day!!!!!

No comments: