Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A post of a different kind

Hello Everyone,
Todays post is going to be a little of the wall and not so much with
something being crafted. While watching the news this morning
there was a lot of talk about beautiful women, and men. More talk
about natural beauty and this is when it hit me. In the header picture
is how with make-up applied this is what is considered beautiful
and I had to laugh. To me it looks more like indian war paint. Don't
get me wrong I'm not saying anything bad about a race because I
am part indian. What I'm trying to say is when and who is teaching
women that putting a stripe at their cheeks looks good. Take a good
side view look it looks more like war paint than enhancing your
beauty. Maybe it just me and what I perceive.
In the picture below is what is being called natural beauty.

I remember being told by my mother before I was allowed to wear
make-up to just pinch my cheeks it would give your cheeks color
which gave your face beauty. Now looking at the picture of the young
lady said to be the most natural looking beautiful woman. I think that
the rosie cheeks look better. What do you think? Oh and this is what I
read on a web page about apply blush.
                        Add a Pop of Color
                       “Every woman needs color on the apple of her cheeks,” Nigara says.
                       “What changes is the intensity of color from doll like to fresh.” Using
                        the clean side of the damp sponge you used to apply your tinted
                        moisturizer, pat a cream-to -powder or gel blush like
                        Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush into the skin on the apples of your
                        cheeks and use the same color to contour directly under the
                        cheekbone.
Ok so now on to some crafty stuff..
Please don't forget the challenges that are going on for the design
teams that I'm a part of.
We would love for you to come join in on
our challenge over at HIMCR. To join in follow the link below.
April Showers bring.........Homemade Flowers
also
Over at Lets Ink It Up we are still on our Distressing challenge
till the end of the month. If you would like to play along follow
the link below.
Challenge #22 Distressing
Until my next post Have a Splendid Day!!!!!

2 comments:

PoetessWug said...

I missed the segment on this on GMA this morning. I did see though that they had the woman in silhouette for the promos of the segment about the most beautiful woman...I find it rather interesting that no one ever talks about inner beauty anymore. I think that if people paid more attention to that there wouldn't be so much low self-esteem in young girls these days!

Paper Sewn Visions said...

Deb, so very true. The world just teaches that you need to be beautiful on the outside. They no longer teach be true to yourself and what counts more is the beauty of the heart. Thanx for stopping in. Hugs